Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Kuroshitsuji Prop Plus Petit Review

Hey there, guys~ Today I will be doing my first anime figure review on a set that I got a week or so ago. I hope you enjoy the photos I have taken as well as the review because this is a super cute set. Note that you can click on any of the photos below in order to see a larger image.

Let me introduce to you the Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) Prop Plus Petit Volume 1 figure set by Bandai:


I have to say that I am pretty happy with this set. I knew from the start that they were going to be a bit small, about 2 inches tall including the stand, but that works well with chibi-fied characters like these. Since Kuroshitsuji is one of my favorite series I was eager for this to arrive in the mail. Even more eager seeing as all I had to pay was shipping (Thank you to the Buyers Reward program at Justmanga.com). There is no assembly required other than attaching them to their stands.


As you can see this set comes with 3 Sebastians, 3 Ciels, Grell, William T. Spears, and Lau. Each also has a small accessory that doubles as a keychain (a very clever and cute idea). It also appears that each stand has a different phrase written on it in Japanese, but I cannot read Japanese so sadly I can't really give my thoughts there. I did smile at Grell's stand having a little star by the word "Death" written in English, though. That and the facial expressions they chose for the characters, those made me smile as well~


The figures themselves are made well enough considering their size in my opinion. Some of the faces look a little off to me, but then again that might also be the style of the little chibi faces, so it isn't a huge deal to me. The glasses on William and Grell also seemed a bit off, but meh. It looks like this set sells at various stores between $35 and $40. Seeing as you get 9 figures that isn't so bad, but they are also small as I said, so it really depends on how much you like the series and the figures themselves.

Here are some close ups of the figures:
We have 2 butler versions and 1 waiter version. Each Sebastian comes with a watch keychain~

Next up are 2 normal Ciels and 1 bettime Ciel~ These come with keychains of his precious ring.

William has a book, Grell has his chainsaw/death scythe, and Lau... a bong. xD

Alrighty then~ Now I want to say a few more things about this set before wrapping up here. It is definitely cute, but I had some personal pet peeves about it. The first thing I wondered was why we needed 3 of each for Sebastian and Ciel. I understand that if you were buying them as random trading figures that you'd have a better chance for the main characters, but I thought that 2 would be sufficient for that. Instead I would have included 2 other characters so that there was more varaiety in the set. (I would have went with Elizabeth and the Undertaker if it were up to me, because Volume 2 of this figure set still leaves them out.) Second was just a minor thing; I feel that it would have been cool if each Ciel and Sebastian came with a different keychain rather than the same ones. So, these pet peeves aside I'm still happy with the set and would reccomend it to fans of this series.
I leave you with this image of Grell being a creeper after his beloved Sebas-Chan~

No comments:

Post a Comment