Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Introduction

Hello Everyone, Rekki Here~ Time for my first post. =3

Now since this blog is going to focus more on anime/otaku culture I am going to steal this here first post to talk a little bit more about myself. Sure the about me thingy on the side says a little, but I'd like to introduce myself a bit more before jumping into all of the lovely posts that are sure to follow. I'll try to stay on topic for the most part here as well, though, and mostly talk about my "otaku life" (that covers quite a bit of my life though, bahaha).

First off my real life nickname is Lecky, so 'Rekki' is obviously a play on that. I am 22 years old at the time of this post and still live with my grandparents despite having graduated with my Bachelors degree in Animation. Economy/Job Market/Life Issues/BlahBlahBlah. I do take commissions for art (& more) through my personal website for the time being, though. Anywho I've also got a cute rat terrier named Rascal and an even cuter boyfriend named Patrick. <3 I'd say its been roughly 3 and a half years since we got together (The love, not the pup). As you may expect he is a fellow otaku and we happily share many dorky interests. From this point on in this post here if I type "we" then assume I refer to he and myself.

Here is a picture of us with our awesome Acguy head plush:


If you are still curious to see a better photo of us then go ahead and click here.

Lets see.. my ultimate dream is to have my own manga series, and an even more ultimate version of this dream would be for it to eventually be animated as well. Yes, I know that it won't be easy but I'm going to give it a shot nonetheless. Its something that has already been in my head, something that I work on from time to time when I can. Perhaps at some point you'll see me post about it, but don't hold your breath. I'm a bit paranoid about people stealing my ideas if I talk about it too much before getting it copyrighted. Still, if you stalk me around the net you'll see art of some of the characters at the very least.

Pokemon was my first anime and my obsession started around the age of 10. Ever since then my love for anime, manga, and the culture has grown more and more. I am also an avid collector, so that has been growing as well. More than anything else I collect manga but I also have a ton of anime DVDs, figures, plushies, and other random merchandise. We have attended Otakon every year since 2005/2006 and plan to start attending Katsucon as well (as soon as I can afford the hotel stay).

Here is a photo of my collection back in December. It has grown a bit since then and I will update this photo whenever I get a chance.


Here is a list of a few of my favorite anime and manga (in no particular order):
Nana, Macross Frontier, One Piece, Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, Code Geass, Tales of Symphonia (It has an OVA so it counts here too), X/1999 & Tokyo Babylon, Paradise Kiss, Speed Grapher, Angel Sanctuary, Gundam 00, Saikano, Hellsing, Vampire Knight, Gravitation, Princess Ai, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and the many .hack// series.

Some random facts about me: I love purple and black. I love 'gothic' styles (Vague term since I like a lot of the sub-cultures and such too). I prefer pirates over ninjas. I love pigtails. I am a bit nocturnal.
As far as music goes I like symphonic metal best along with some other forms of metal and rock. However I also enjoy techno/dance music a lot depending on my mood so my tastes clash a bit I guess. I'm super picky even with music that falls into these categories, too. Then again I think I'm a pretty picky person in general. Despite how opposite it sounds after typing that I am also a very open person in general. It takes a whole heck of a lot to offend me and even if I disagree with you I'm not likely to take it personal.

Alrighty then.. I think that's enough rambling about myself for now. I hope that was enough to satisfy anyone who was curious enough to see my blog and want to know more about me. If not.. uhm.. well.. you could ask my questions about myself in the comments for this post. I'll answer as long as it isn't *too* personal. And on that note I'll say farewell for now and leave you all with some links with which you may choose to cyber-stalk me~

My personal/professional website.
My DeviantArt.
My Cosplay.com page.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome~ x3 I'll take that as a compliment. xD I do love my shelves. <3

    ReplyDelete